Friday, November 18, 2016

That Deceitful Monkey!

WOW it's been a week since I've shared my thoughts!  A lot has gone on but I've pushed through it and feel good at facing yet another fear.  I've always been afraid of confrontation.  I dislike arguing and I dislike drama, but I always found myself in the middle of both a argument and some type of drama.  It would drain the mess out of me and I would turn inward.  I would internalize a lot, to the point where I became paralyzed, resentful, and angry.  I've come to realize that what I have tried to avoid is what contributes to what I don't want in my life.  One of the biggest lesson's I've learned is to confront your issues, concerns etc head on; That what we try to avoid is what we most attract.  I hear guys especially talk about how they don't "do drama" but yet they can be deceitful.  Deception brings on dishonesty, untruthfulness, and insecurities.  Deceitful people are disingenuous, which is why they expect everyone else to be the same way they are.  More importantly deception brings on drama but allows you to point the finger at someone else instead of looking at yourself.  Sneaky huh, yep it is, but that's the heart of deception.
This brings me to confrontation, what I've realized is that without meaning to when I wanted to confront a issue but didn't I was being deceitful, not on purpose but in reality my actions of "everything is ok" when really it wasn't was deceitful behavior which brought on the very thing I tried to avoid, drama, arguing, and hurt feelings.  For the first time in my life, I looked that deceitful monkey in it's face and confronted the issues on the table.  No drama, no arguing, but a resolution.  Good, bad, or indifferent once we confront the monkey on our back we then take charge and can let it go.  Although I can't control anyone else's deceptive ways I can control my own.  Some behaviors are done on purpose and others by nature of fight or flight, but all are rooted in the garden of deceit and will need to be uprooted in your own garden before trying to uproot in someone else's.

My take away is this: Before you look at someone else's deceitful ways, look at your own, we all have them.  Sometimes we don't mean to be deceitful but we are.  Look at what you are doing or what you have done to contribute to the situation of "deceitful drama."  What's has your contribution been? Then look at how you can correct/change this behavior,

Ask yourself  "How have I been deceitful to others?"

xoxoThe Mentalist

No comments:

Post a Comment