Saturday, November 5, 2016

Vitamin C for your Soul!

So the other day I went to get a facial.  She asked me what had I been doing to have so many breakouts....hummmmm stressing, growing, rebuilding, and practicing bad habits again.  We talked for a while then she started her treatments.  She shared with me she was putting a Vitamin C serum on under my face mask to help the healing process with the scare tissue.  As I laid on the table being pampered it got me thinking.....

No matter how many masks we wear to hide or cover up the scars, we ultimately need something to help us heal while wearing our masks. Our scars eventually show, through our hurt, pain, mistrust, and bad behavior.  Our scars become overwhelming at times because we can no longer hide them.  Our scars also show through our interactions with others.  Even as we wear our masks proudly we still need to start to apply a "SERUM" to heal.

As hard as I've worked to hide my scars I have worked equally as hard to heal them.  I actually think I've gotten to a place of healing.  I am happier today then I've ever been and, although the healing process can be lonely, my masks are being pealed away.  The glow is starting to show and the "fresh skin" is gleaming from within.  Some say I'm different and they're right I am, when God healed me he created a better version of ME!

It's not until we apply Vitamin C under our masks in preparation to take the mask off that we can start to create the best possible version of ourselves.

My take away- Change is never easy.... but you can work with it!  Create a version of you that includes all of you, put more life into yourself by healing even while still wearing your mask!

xoxo The Mentalist

No comments:

Post a Comment